Persons who donate their time, energy and spirit to help others is the lifeblood of our organization.
With these angels of all ages and backgrounds, we could not hope to meet the needs of our valuable clients. From answering the phone to driving food to a home-bound senior, these remarkable make everything we do a realized dream. We thank them and we honor them, to a person!
Below you will find a brief description of some of the volunteer opportunities here at the senior center. Let us know if any of the opportunities are something you’d like to do and we’ll talk about your next steps!
Please note that we ask for a minimum of 6 volunteer hours per month
Meals on Wheels
Meal Packer: Prepare meals for delivery. This includes portioning food and maintaining a clean work area. Monday- Friday 7am-10am
- Driver Helper: Rides along with driver to help take meal to client’s door. Monday- Friday 9am-2pm
- Regular Driver: Picks up and delivers nutritious meals to recipients. This includes making a cursory assessment of each recipient. Monday- Friday 9am-2pm
Dining Room Program
- Activity Assistant:
- Assist with daily/monthly client activities at the senior center- Bingo, Zumba, and Yoga.
- Assist with lunch service.
- Hours & opportunities may vary- but generally Monday- Friday 9 AM -Noon.
- Do you have a special skill?
- Can you teach a fitness class?
- Sing, play an instrument?
- Are you crafty?
- Would you like to teach a class on a regular basis?
- Do you have handyman skills? Our center always has maintenance/repair needs.
for Businesses’ support
- Would your business like to sponsor an event for our Senior Center clients?
- Ride a route or sponsor a route?